Individual Time Trial
RESULTS FROM 2013 ARE HERE!
Mark your calendars now for the 2014 Tour de Gruene Time Trial Events:
Individual Time Trial to take place on Saturday afternoon, November 8th, 2014.
Team Time Trial to take place on Sunday morning, November 9th, 2014.
Add your name to our list below (purple button) to be notified of next year's event
Individual Time Trial
Although this event has maxed out, we invite you to put your name on the list to get an email next year when the 2014 event opens for registration. This popular event has closed out early every single year because it meets the maximum field limit.
If you are having issues trying to register, first try contacting the Active.Com Customer Support:
Verify user account
Experiencing login issues
Credit card charges
If you are unable to connect with active.com or need additional help, contact Tour de Gruene at firstname.lastname@example.org
---- Need a little motivation?? Watch these videos! ----
PARTY DOWN AT BIKE WORLD 1604 IN SAN ANTONIO
ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 30TH
HALLOWEEN COSTUMES? IF YOU'D LIKE!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay informed of event updates:
We will also email registrants with major updates.
G E N E R A L I N F O R M A T I O N
UPDATE: On October 21st an email was sent out to all participants registered in the Individual Time Trial. If you are registered and did not get an email, then you need to check your spam folders!
- Tour de Gruene Individual Time Trial is a competition where the contestants are started 30 seconds apart and will race against the clock for awards. There are many different divisions offered that take into account your gender, equipment, age, and ability (predicted average speed). There is a field limit. After that, a waiting list will be formed. (instructions for being added to that list below)
- All entrants will receive a Collector t-shirt and a ticket into Wurstfest (a German festival filled with dancing, Bavarian entertainment, and food/drink for purchase)
The START for the I T T for 2013 will be in Sattler, TX - just a few miles north of Gruene at the VFW Hall, 16425 River Road
Canyon Lake, TX 78133 The Time Trial is a point to point. After crossing the finish line you will cool-down for 8 miles until you are back in Sattler at the Starting area where awards will be held.
- Online registrations only for the time trials. Each original entrant is guaranteed a collector’s commemorative t-shirt, and an admission ticket to Wurstfest (a $22 value). Registration will close when the field limit is met (It has closed out early the past 3 years) OR October 17th, whichever comes first. Tour de Gruene Race entrants do not need an annual USCF license, or any racing license for that matter.
- Tour de Gruene awards will be presented to the top times in each division. We aim to place 6 to 12 entrants in each division - and usually give 3 awards in each division. Quantity awarded will be dependant upon total entries in each division. More entrants - more awards. Award Ceremony to be held at Starting Ramps in Sattler, TX.
AERO or Merckx? The use of standard helmets, standard wheels, and standard kit of shorts and a jersey is called riding Merckx style. During registration, you have the option of racing in Merckx or Aero Divisions. If racing in Merckx you may not have any aero equipment. No aero helmets, suits, shoe covers, wheels, tear shaped (or aerodynamically framed tubes), or aero bars. Rims cannot exceed 30 mm in depth. Frame tubing can be of any material and both round or oval is exceptable for Merckx. If in doubt, call (210) 862-3524 for clarification.
Your average mph speed? You will need to predict your mph pace to the nearest tenth for completing the Gruene ITT course. You will be asked during registration to express that term in 3 digits (example: 19.7mph). You may go back and change this estimate anytime before the event registration closes. (October 17th or when the event caps out at 250 entries)
- Divisions will be formed first by gender, then by equipment (aero or Merckx), then by age, and if further split - by ability. Your placement into a racing division is done by the committee following the close of registration.
- The evening of Saturday, October 26th, your Racing Divisions will be posted on this website the evening of Saturday, October 26th. You may not change your mph or change to Merckx at this time. You may, however, inform us of age or gender corrections that take you out of your division. If the error was due to data input by the registrant, you will be moved into the Ride For Time division, which does not compete for trophies. If the error was our fault, we will go through the many steps necessary to correct it with all entities.
- The evening of Monday, October 28th your Bib Numbers and Start Times will be posted. Printable waivers with Instructions will be posted on the webiste for you to fill out with your start times and bib numbers to bring with you to Packet Pickup. This will SPEED YOUR PACKET PICKUP immensely.
- Drafting other vehicles, racers, and not completing the entire course will result in penalties or disqualification. Warming up on the race course after 3:00 is prohibited.
Placement of race numbers are is as follows:Large number – back bottom center (very low -- lining up the top of the number with the top of the center pocket )Helmet adhesive number – stick onto front of helmet (to be viewed head on) LOW - on the edge of your helmet
- Children under 18 (minors) must be registered by their adult legal guardian. A “Minor release form” must be signed by their legal guardian.
- At all times when participating in Tour de Gruene and mounted on a bicycle you must wear a securely fastened helmet that meets either the US DOT helmet standards or one of the following standards:
(1) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Standard Z90.4;
(2) Snell Memorial Foundation Standard "B" or "N" series;
(3) American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standard F-1447;
(4) Canadian Standards Association (CSA) standard CAN/CSA-D113.2-M;
(5) U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) standard for bicycle helmets;
(6) European Committee for Standardization (CEN) standard for bicycle helmets
Schedue of Events
October 21st, Monday
|email to all Time Trial Participants with misc. information|
October 26th, Saturday
Preliminary Time Trial Divisions posted on website for Review
|October 28th, Monday||
Final Time Trial Divisions posted in order of Start Times and Bib Numbers
Downloadable waivers added to website to speed your Packet Pickup
October 30th, Wednesday
Bike World 1604 in SA
Optional Packet Pickup in San Antonio at Bike World 1604 and KICK OFF PARTY. You won't want to miss this!
PARK AT THE VENTURA PLAZA on the access road which is BEFORE you get to Bike World . There is NO parking in the grass or in the field this year!!
Party and packet pickup from 4 to 9 p.m.'
You may pick up the race numbers for other racers IF you bring their signed liability release form, and know their addresses. (email and physical including zip codes)
November 2nd, Saturday morning
Following Tour Package Pickup, you may pick up your ITT and TTT Packets from 8 to 9 a.m. in Gruene hall.
If you are also in the TOURS, you may begin packet pickup as early as 6:30/
2:15 pm Packet Pickup at the VFW Post in Sattler TX
PARK AT THE MOUNTAIN VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL,
http://goo.gl/maps/RVniZ about 1/4 mile east of the VFW Start Ramp Staging Area.
3:00 pm First Racer off the ramps
5:05 pm Last Starter @ 28mph should arrive back at 6:30.
Awards follow as divisions finish. We would like to host awards presentations in stages if possible.
Trophies are not mailed.
Bring your Bib Stub to win prizes at the awards ceremony. DON'T FORGET IT!
No refunds, and no transfers by participants now that Registration has Closed
At this point, if you notify us that you are unable to attend, you are in effect donating your slot to another individual on the waiting list. This will also prevent you from being announced at the start, and listed in the results, as a "DNS - Did Not Show" If it is your intent to donate your slot, email us at email@example.com of your vacancy.
Weather Clause: If weather precludes the event from beginning or finishing. the Sally M Kingsbury Sarcoma Cancer Foundation will still benefit from your entry, and t-shirts and Wurstfest tickets will be distributed on site.
MAP TO VFW HALL IN SATTLER, TEXAS
P R I O R Y E A R R E S U L T S
Racers are recognized who were closest to their submitted predicted speed (0-1%), as were racers who missed their mark by too much (10% & up). Sandbags awarded at 10% plus an additional bag for every 5% increase. Seasoned racers, please note the sandbags by your name and spend the time needed to accurately calculate your estimated speed prior to registering.
Click here to view 2009 Individual Time Trial Results by Category.
Click here to view 2009 Individual Time Trial Results by Overall Time.
Pictures from Tour de Gruene events may be found at www.RxDesign.com
Many of you have been following fellow racer Gary Walker's challenges with cancer. We want to share with you a letter he sent us. May he be an inspiration to us all.