Thanks to an ever-increasing focus on fitness, trends toward environmental awareness, virtually every American knows something about cycling. On both the recreational and competitive levels, cycling is experiencing an unprecedented boom in popularity and growth.
- Your company can capitalize on this phenomenon by being part of one of the most respected cycling events in Texas. The Tour De Gruene was established in 1984 and is one of the 5 oldest cycling events in Texas. The event is a participating member of Wurstfest a German cultural event held since 1966 attracting 100s of thousands of people each year in its 10 day run. The Tour de Gruene has also gained international recognition from participants such as Lance Armstrong and Eddie Mercks to name a few.
- Sponsors create a positive image as a good community citizen and can inform customers of their new products with sampling and display opportunities. Local charities have benefited in the 10s of thousands of dollars from the Tour de Gruene since 1998.
- Sponsors enjoy increased visibility from having company name and logo recognition on clothing items, web advertising through our website www.tourdegruene.com The start/finish area structures and the Health and fitness expo also provide many choice branding locations.
- Sponsors benefit from increased exposure to a population loaded with purchasing power. With more than 60 million cyclists, cycling ranks as the 2nd most popular sport in the U.S. according to the National Association of Sporting Goods Retailers
- 55% of recreational cyclists are women
- Median age of a recreational cyclist is 32
- Median Household income of recreational cyclists is $60,000
- 70% of recreational cyclists have a college degree
- Median age of racers is 34
- Median household income of racers is $75,000
- 81% of racers have a college degree and 27% have a post-graduate degree
- 57% work in a professional or managerial capacity